Danielle the foodie behind @cacaoforcoconuts_ is on a mission to inspire nourishing and colorful living. She strives to create delicious foods that also leave you feeling good. She hopes to inspire others to get creative with their eating!
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp maple sugar
1 Tbsp plain yogurt
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup almond milk
2 scoops berry protein powder
1 cup chopped strawberry plus more for topping
1. In a mixing bowl, use a fork and mash banana.
2. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, yogurt and almond milk. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, maple sugar, baking soda, baking powder and berry protein powder. Mix until well combined with no clumps.
4. Pour the dry mix into the wet mix.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6. Let the batter sit and slightly expand while you chop strawberries.
7. Fold in strawberries and pour batter into a muffin tin. I used silicone inserts but you could also spray the pan with a little oil. Top with more strawberries.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let muffins cool and store in the fridge.
Enjoy! Recipe makes 12 muffins.