After appreciating the benefits of a whole plant based diet, Serena became passionate about sharing her journey and love of delicious and nurturing foods. Having a background in natural nutrition, a plant based meal prep business, and a plant based recipe blog, Serena is excited to help spread love of the plant and nutrient rich foods with her friends at Origine.
"Sweet, Lime, Turmeric Tofu, browned to perfection, while deglazing in its sweet and savoury marinade, served with fluffy quinoa, sesame green beans, sautéed peppers and topped with a Creamy Maple Turmeric Dressing (this dressing is unreal, mainly in part to the smoothness Origins Turmeric Botanical Extract adds, no gritty powder in this dressing!)" - Serena's Blog
Extra firm tofu, 1 block pressed
Brags liquid aminos, 1/4 cup
Fresh squeezed lime juice, 2 tbsp (about juice of 2 limes)
Maple syrup, 2 tbsp
Ginger, 1 inch piece grated
Tahini, 1/4 cup
Lime juice, 3 tbsp
Water, 2 tbsp
Maple syrup, 2 tbsp
Brags liquid aminos, 1 tbsp
1. Press tofu with a clean tea towel, to free excess water, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Add Brags, lime juice, maple syrup, turmeric and cubed tofu into a sealable container. Close lid, gently shake to combine all ingredients, and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes but I like a couple hours for it to marinate.
3. Heat pan over medium heat until its nice and hot. Remove tofu pieces from pan and add in a single layer to the bottom of your hot pan. Let the bottoms get brown for 3 or 4 minutes, being mindful not to burn them, then add 1/3 or the marinade to deglaze the bottom of the pan, stir well to flip all the tofu pieces. Let brown for another 3-4 minutes, then repeat the deglazing process. Repeat entire process once more, browning then deglazing a third time and final time.
4. Add all dressing ingredients into a mason jar, close lid and shake, shake, shake, to combine.
5. Tofu should be a beautiful golden brown and is ready for salad bowls, wraps or to just dip in the Creamy Maple Turmeric Dressing.
An incredibly delicious and healthy dinner! Enjoy!