Danielle the foodie behind @cacaoforcoconuts_ is on a mission to inspire nourishing and colorful living. She strives to create delicious foods that also leave you feeling good. She hopes to inspire others to get creative with their eating!
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax, 3 Tbsp water)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp oat milk (plus a splash for when you divide the mix)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
Shake of nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 medium - large apple
1/4 cup cacao powder
Pecans for topping
coconut or avocado oil for the dish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Make flax egg and set aside until it thickens.
3. Peel and chop the apple.
4. In one bowl, combine apple sauce, vanilla, oat milk and maple syrup.
5. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Pour wet mixture into dry mix. Stir until well incorporated
7. Separate this back into two bowls with even amounts of mix
8. In one bowl, add cacao and another splash of oat milk to mix. In the other bowl, fold in apples.
9. Prepare a baking dish with oil or parchment paper. Pour in some of the chocolate mixture, followed by the apple mix and then. more of the chocolate. Top with chopped pecans.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until slightly golden with a clean toothpick.
Best of both worlds! Enjoy!