Danielle the foodie behind @cacaoforcoconuts_ is on a mission to inspire nourishing and colorful living. She strives to create delicious foods that also leave you feeling good. She hopes to inspire others to get creative with their eating!
1 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
2 - 2 1/2 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup apple sauce
Candy cane, crushed
Shop this recipe:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
2. Add in almond milk, starting with 2 Tbsp and adding more later if needed.
3. Mix in the maple syrup and apple sauce. Use a spatula to mix everything, scraping the edges as needed.
4. Use your hands to form into a ball. Fold in crushed candy cane.
5. Let the dough chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and a little bit of oil.
8. Once the dough is chilled, form into cookies of desired size.
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
10. Cool completely and serve!