Danielle the foodie behind @cacaoforcoconuts_ is on a mission to inspire nourishing and colorful living. She strives to create delicious foods that also leave you feeling good. She hopes to inspire others to get creative with their eating!
1 zucchini, grated
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp coconut oil
a couple handfuls of raw pumpkin seeds + more for topping
a couple handfuls of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a food processor, grate zucchini. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater.
3. In the food processor (or a mixing bow), add the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract, mix well.
4. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
5. When everything is mixed together, fold in the pumpkin seeds and chocolate.
6. Prepare a baking dish and transfer batter.
7. Top with pumpkin seeds.
8. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until outside is golden and toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool completely before slicing and store in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin season has arrived! Enjoy!