Hi, my name is Megan! I am a mother, partner, and business owner. I have worked in health and wellness for the past 13 years. My journey started in research and from there I became a yoga instructor, licensed acupuncturist, and now the owner of a healthy meal prep service. My mission in this life is to learn and share with as many people as I can how to live a well balanced life and reconnect with the land we inhabit.
Basmati Rice, 1 cup
Water or Broth, 2 cups
Ginger, 1 inch knob, minced
Garlic, 5 cloves, minced
Small Yellow Onion, 1/2 diced
Coconut Oil, 2 Tbsp
Bay Leaf, 1
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Rinse uncooked rice until water runs clear.
2. Melt coconut oil in a pot over medium heat.
3. Add onion to pot, cook until translucent.
4. Add garlic and ginger, cook for another minute or so until aromatic.
5. Mix in turmeric, salt, pepper and rice. Mix until combined.
6. Add water/broth and bay leaf. Stir and cover.
7. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer until rice is cooked. About 15 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow rice to sit covered for about 5 minutes.
9. Remove bay leaf and fluff with a fork. Serve with a heap of cilantro and whatever you want to pair it with!
Perfect served with grilled shrimp or bell pepper! Enjoy!