2 pounds carrots
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp sea salt
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
pinch of cayenne
4 cups veggie broth
2 cups water
1 tbs vegan butter
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 small knob of ginger
1. FIRST let’s roast this carrots up! Pre heat your oven to 375 then Peel and chop carrots into even sized pieces and add to a baking tray with 2 tbs of your olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 25- 30 mins. Until thoroughly cooked and caramelized around the edges.
2. NEXT, in a large pot. Add your remaining oil, salt, garlic and onion and sauté till onions become slightly translucent.
3. Then add your coriander, cayenne, cummin and TUMERIC and cook until fragrant. Just a minute or so. Add your water, broth and carrots and simmer for 15 mins to give the flavors time to develop.
4. While the soup simmers slice your ginger into fine strips and set aside.
5. In a pan heat 2 tbs olive oil and fry your ginger until crispyyyy! Remove the strand from the oil and set aside on a paper towel ready for serving.
6. Once the soup is ready, Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding to a blender with you vegan butter. Blend until smooth and silky. Return soup to your pot. Warm through and serve immediately. Enjoyyyy!!
Shop this recipe: