Hello, my name is Jessie, creator of Obsidian Healing. I am an artist with a passion for helping others heal and transform from the inside out. I believe how we treat our internal home (body) reflects how we respect our external home (earth).
2 ½ cups large, unsweetened coconut chips or flakes – it is crucial to use LARGE flakes- this forms the cookies!
½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
1/2 cup of pine nuts
¼ cup coconut oil, solid
½ cup pure maple syrup
Juice of one orange
Zested from one orange
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor.
3. Use a low setting and blend until thick and sticky mixture that holds together. The coconut flakes should still be visible. (I used the low/dough on my Ninja)
4. Scoop a tablespoon size of the mixture to create firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. - I recommend not scooping more than a tablespoon out for even baking
5. Space out on a prepared baking sheet - the cookies spread, so use a decent amount of space in between
6. Bake for 13-15 mins - cookies should be golden on top and brown around the edges.
7. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
Light, refreshing, and flavorful! Enjoy!